An old friend of my friend Duongs' grandmother, sang these songs to me. She often kept on telling about the songs for a long time, but when I got the translation it usually wasn't any longer than a few sentences. So I'm not sure about the more subtle details of the text.
I recorded the songs in 2004, in the city of Bac Ninh, just outside Hanoi.
- Friends who meet without having an appointment (2:11)
- Meeting in the moonshine (1:51)
- Couple singing (2:13)
- Lovesong (2:38)
- Memories of a love that couldn't be (3:02)
- Meeting at a festival (2:33)
- Song about the chao fruit (1:02)
- Farewell song, when one wants to stay, but has to leave (2:27)